Friday, October 3, 2014

// // Leave a Comment

Dress for This Eid Mubarak : Eid Stylish Dresses :: Eid special dress collection

eid dresses, eid dresses,eid dresses,pakistani dresses 2014



To those of you that will be celebrating, Eid Mubarak, and to those of you just reading the post for bollywood outfit style inspiration, then I hope this is what you were looking for. With Eid creeping up so soon, I thought it would be a good opportunity to do an article on something me and many of my readers will have in common. Before I go into each outfit, I also just need to quickly mention, most of these outfits were designed and ordered by my mum from India, if there’s anything anyone likes or want to inquire about, please feel free to email me.

Also for those of you that don’t celebrate/know what it is about, Eid is an eagerly anticipated celebration, that falls straight after Ramadan, the month of fasting. I usually refer to it as the Muslim equivalent of Christmas in the sense that families unite, share a big feast and presents are given! Presents and money!

Back to the article though, I had the greatest privilege of getting my hair and make up done by GlamouriZe By-Zahira… I should probably put this out there, I’m not usually one for heavy make up and you’ve probably seen yourselves that bold lip colours is about as far as I go. But, Zahira, the hair and make up artist, did such an amazing job that I didn’t even notice I was wearing more make up than usual. Not one to slate other make up artists because each to their own, but, I was quite scared getting my make up done, as the only other time I had it done, I walked out of the salon looking and feeling like I had just been slapped in the face with a heavily iced cake. Wasn’t the best look for me I have to say. But thankfully, Zahira has overcome my fear thanks to my past trauma and would I get my make up done by hair again? Most definitely!

SEE EACH LOOK IN MORE DETAIL BELOW:

eid dress eid dresses,eid dresses,pakistani dresses 2014


Personally, I love this as an Eid outfit, red is such a bold colour, doesn’t really require much dressing up because the dress speaks for itself. I have worn this dress to a few family weddings too and a lot of people have asked where I got it from. So credit to my mum for this!

Zahira also kept my make up toned down here so my red lips would be the eye catcher. She explained, how too much on the eyes and too much on the lips would clash and because my dress was such a statement in its self we kept my hair simple too.

pakistani dresses 2014, eid dresses,eid dresses,pakistani dresses 2014


As much as I love the red dress, I think this one is my absolute favourite! Another one of my mothers, so again, credit to her. The dress is so elegant and just looks classy! I would say this is quite a modern bollywood design, but, being a modern Asian this is perfect for me. (Apologies for the creases but that’s down to me not knowing how to sit properly in the car!)

Zahira did my hair and make up beautifully! An elegant up do to show off the embroidery on the top half of my dress and more eye make up with a nude lip colour. Really loved her choices here!


eid outfits & dresses

This dress is the only dress that my mum didn’t design, in fact this dress was a gift from my sister in law on her and my brothers wedding. I’m going to be really honest here, Salwar Kameez (hopefully I spelt that right, the tight dress with baggy style trousers), are not for me! However, after receiving this as a gift, I have actually worn this outfit a few times now and realised just how wearable and comfy they really are. Would I buy more? Probably not, but, only because I love the embroidery and colour on this particular dress and have not really seen others I like as much as this. Maybe that’s why I dismissed the fact that it was a style of dress I wouldn’t normally wear and embraced it.

Because of the details are the front Zahira again decided on a nude lip as well as, not to clash with the gorgeous colour of the dress. She decided to leave my hair naturally curly and I’m used to this, so that was something I really liked.

Eid dresses 2014,

And last but not least, my Sari. I’m just going to put it out there, that I have never seen anyone wearing a Sari like this, but maybe you have, in which case, I should just get out more. Unfortunately, I am no expert when it comes to putting on a Sari, but, honestly, when this is put on properly, it looks amazing!

With this outfit, hair was something I could not put my finger on what I wanted. When Zahira mentioned a pony tail I was a bit like “you what?” in my strong northern accent. But, she insisted I try a few photos and it really worked. I should really learn to trust the experts. A very simple hair style but it complimented my outfit. I tried to include photos with my pony tail here so you could see just how good it looked. If you’re anything like me, a pony tail would be last hairstyle you’d think of matching with an Asian outfit, but I’m grateful Zahira made me try something different and I liked it!

There you have my Eid article, and for those of you celebrating, I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends and although Ramadan may be coming to an end, if you used this month to change for the better, then lets pray we enforce these changes all year round.

To those of you not celebrating, I hope you liked the post, maybe it can be used for a bollywood fancy dress or if you’re lucky enough to be invited to a Asian wedding. (Believe me, they are amazing!)

Just want to say a big thank you to GlamouriZe By-Zahira for doing my hair and make up for this article. If you’re looking for a hair/make-up artists, then my recommendations definitely go to her!

0 comments :

Post a Comment